The Manitoba Federation is the volunteer coordinating body for square, round, clog, and line dancing in Manitoba. The Federation is governed by a Board of Directors made up of directors from each of our Associations. The Federation is incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in the Province of Manitoba.
Among the Federation’s programs are:
- Provision of a forum for Manitoba area associations to develop coordinated square and round dance promotional activities;
- Provision of liability protection insurance for individual and organization members;
- Provision of bursaries to caller, cuers, or leaders;
- Representation of Manitoba square and round dancers outside the Province; and,
- Representation of Manitoba square and round dancers to government agencies.
The Annual Meeting of the Federation is held starting at 1:00 PM on the Saturday of the Manitoba Come Together Jamboree. For 2015 it will be on October 24, in Brookdale, Manitoba. The meeting is open to all.
The work of the Manitoba Federation is supported by membership fees paid by individuals and organizations.
Membership in the Manitoba Square and Round Dance Federation is open to organizations or individuals participating in square, round, line, contra, clog, country/western, or related dancing.